CBT courses £120
The CBT course is designed to start you riding and is a legal requirement for anybody wishing to ride a motorbike. The course is one day and divided up into five sections:
1. Information about helmets and clothing
2. The bike controls and maintenence
3. Riding the bike in a secure area in preparation for the road ride
4. Theory about legal requirements and a bit on the highway code
5. A road ride to practise everything
Once you have completed a supervised two-hour ride on the road you will receive your CBT certificate which validates your licence for two years to ride up to a 125cc bike (50cc if you are 16years).
If you then want to ride a bigger bike you have to (1) be over 19 years and (2) be supervised by an instructor until you pass your tests. See the FULL LICENCE link for more information.